It’s the summertime, which means there may be an increased presence of mosquitos. Mosquitos can be annoying pests and can even spread certain illnesses. Finding ways to avoid mosquitos can help you enjoy your outdoor activities.
ProTech Pest Control professionals can help homeowners reduce their exposure to mosquito bites by inspecting properties for breeding sites, treating to control mosquitoes, educating about mosquitoes and suggesting corrective actions. ProTech Pest Control offers exterior mosquito treatment to prevent hatching. Performed monthly from April through September, this can help to prevent mosquito bites while enjoying your deck, patio or yard.
How To Avoid Mosquitos
Try to follow these key tips to minimize your exposure to mosquitos.
- If applicable, use an insect repellent when you are outside. There is a wide range of insect repellents that can work for your needs. Explore your insect repellent options and choose the one that works best for you.
- Eliminate or reduce mosquito-breeding areas by replacing all standing water at least once a week. This includes birdbaths, ponds, and unfiltered pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing water sources that cannot be changed or removed.
- Be sure to properly seal all windows, doors, and entrances.
- Wear the appropriate clothing. Try finding a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt to keep your arms covered. Mosiquits can only bite exposed areas of skin, so staying covered can help minimize your risk of mosquito bites.
- Use an insect net. An insect net around your bed can act as a barrier between you and mosquitos.
To learn more about what you can do to avoid mosquitos, contact Protech Termite and Pest Control. Our team can work with you to address any concerns you may have. To contact us, call (866) 500-1536 or request an inspection online.