Ticks can be pesky creatures that are known to attack with a vengeance. Certain kinds of ticks are known to care Lyme Disease which can be transferred over to their human host. You want to make sure you are taking the steps needed to minimize your risks and keep you and your family safe. Keeping your family and pets tick free can be a daunting task. However, with the help of ProTech Termite and Pest Control, you can get the service you need to keep you and your family tick free. If you have any questions or you have an issue with ticks in your area, contact ProTech Termite and Pest Control for your quote today. Pro Tech Termite and Pest Control is located in Northern, VA and serves areas in Virginia such as Springfield, Leesburg, Winchester, Manassas, Prince William, Fredericksburg, and Stafford.
If you notice ticks near your home and or you notice that your pets have contracted ticks, you may want to contact ProTech Termite and Pest Control. We offer a full range of services to rid your home of unwanted pests that may wreak havoc in your space. Our Tick Program includes a thorough inspection and treatment plan. Depending on the severity, you may need monthly maintenance to ensure your area is tick free. There are also steps each homeowner can take to minimize their contact with ticks.
Minimize Your Risks of Ticks
Taking certain preventive measures can keep you protected against ticks.
- Get rid of the tall grass.
- Steer clear of keeping things near the edge of the yard.
- Discourage animals from entering your yard because they can often carry ticks into your space.
- Keep your yard clean. Get rid of unwanted furniture and junk in the yard because it can often be a place for ticks to hide.
- Avoid wooded, dense areas.
- If walking, stay on the path.
- Wear bug repellent.
- Examine pets for ticks before they enter the home.
- Make sure you inspect yourself for ticks, especially after returning from an area known to have ticks.