We know how important it is to live and work in a safe and healthy environment. ProTech Pest Control is one of Northern Virginia’s leading Pest Control companies. We inspect your home or business, offer advice about any pest control problems, perform an initial treatment to rid your home or work of any existing pests, and design a maintenance program for homeowners and businesses.
How Our K-9 Detection Teams Work
ProTech Pest Control is proud to be the employer of Inspector Marlowe and Inspector Roxy – The Metro Area’s ONLY “World Detector Dog Organization” Certified Termite and Bed Bug Detection K-9 Teams!
Marlowe, Roxy and their handlers have undergeone thousands of hours of training demonstrating their ability and accuracy in detecting termites and bed bugs. They are powerful new weapons against these destructive pests and vital members of ProTech’s team of inspectors. Marlowe can inspect and locate termites in places that human inspectors cannot. He can detect termites behind walls, under floors, beneath the soil, and otherwise inaccessible areas of a home or commercial building. Roxy can inspect more accurately and in a fraction of the time as a human inspector because she doesn’t need to remove clutter and can easily move under beds and furniture.
Pest Control Education and Preventative Steps
We can show you numerous ways to keep pests from disrupting your home, including:
Keeping them homeless
- Seal cracks and crevices where pests can get into your home.
- Get rid of stacks of newspaper, papers, bags, and cardboard boxes that make good homes for pests.
Keeping them hungry
- Keep a tight lid on trashcans and empty them often.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Wipe up spills and crumbs right away.
- Clean your dirty dishes right after eating.
- Pests thrive on moisture. Keep them from getting to water by fixing leaks and not leaving dishwater in the sink overnight.
Pest Control Treatment Options
- Sentricon – The Termite Colony Elimination System
- SpectraGuard – The 5-Step Integrated Pest Management Solution
- All Bait Treatment – A unique service of ProTech is our All Bait Treatment. No odor, no airborne particles. Call ProTech for environmentally sound pest elimination service.
Roaches and Other Insects
After inspecting and analyzing your situation, we will advise you on household routines that will minimize infestation. In addition, our specialists offer treatments that may include the following:
- Crack and Crevice Pesticide Placement – Chemical materials are placed carefully only in areas where the insects live and breed such as dark, enclosed areas within walls and under cabinets.
- Our process assures that will be minimal exposure to children, food, or pets.
- Direct Contact – Chemicals are directly applied to the pests
- Insect Growth Regulators – These chemicals duplicate the insect’s natural hormones to disrupt their natural growth and development.
After a thorough inspection to determine which species we’re dealing with, we’ll create an effective program to keep your home rodent-free.
Ongoing Pest Control Maintenance
Season after season, your home will be exposed to different types of pests – roaches, ants, spiders, birds, and rodents will all be trying to make a home in yours. To make sure the pests you’ve so carefully controlled don’t return, you can contract for continuing regular pest control services.
ProTech Pest Control also offers fly, fruit fly and other free flying insect control.