To prevent against a mosquito infestation please consider the following:
- Eliminate sources of standing water such as old tires, children’s wading pools, birdbaths and flower pots;
- Keep rain gutters cleaned out to prevent water from standing;
- Cut back or get rid of unnecessary vegetation around the home where mosquitoes can breed and/or nest;
When swimming pools aren’t in use, keep them covered to prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs;
- Remove water that has collected in tree holes and hollow stumps;
- Screen windows and doors to prevent mosquitoes from getting inside homes; and
- Consider using yellow bug light bulbs in outdoor light fixtures. The bulbs reduce the number of flying insects around your home by emitting a soft yellow light that these pests can’t see.
- ProTech does have a mosquito reduction service that greatly reduces the mosquito population.